Temporary contact arrangements for Leeds City Council 18/19 July
Main www.leeds.gov.uk website and many phones will be unavailable for essential maintenance work this weekend
Temporary contact arrangements for Leeds City Council will be in place on 18 and
19 July – as we carry out essential maintenance work to our phone lines and internet
We are sorry but that means the main www.leeds.gov.uk website will be unavailable. A significant number of our
usual phone lines and internet services will also be unavailable during this time.
We have alternative arrangements in place if you need to call us on 18/19 July.
While we carry out maintenance work, for emergency situations only, please call:
- Social care emergency duty team 0113 240 9536
- Emergency repairs for non-council buildings and highways 0113 376 0499
- Noise nuisance outside office hours 0113 37 60337
If you have nowhere safe to stay tonight please call our emergency duty service on 07891 273939
For council housing emergency repairs please call:
- Housing Leeds 0800 188 4000 (free from a land line) / 0113 376 0410
- Belle Isle Tenant Management Organisation 0113 378 2188 - Deaf customers
with a text phone can access the same services at any time by typing 18001 before the 0800 number.
All of our leisure centres are still open as normal accepting cash payments only and taking down membership details. You can view our timetables via our leisure centres Facebook page.
You can still search our library catalogue and if you're a member renew or reserve a library book.
You can also:
- access our job vacancies and newsroom sites;
- obtain advice on how to make a planning application;
- report a street lighting problem, and
- register to vote.
The work is a major upgrade to our existing network and will improve customer service. Maintenance is due to run throughout the weekend.
We will endeavour to keep disruption to a minimum. However, there is some unavoidable break in service. This includes our on-line planning service, many online bookings – including sports and active lifestyles, activities and theatres, and reporting issues, such as reporting a missed bin collection, pothole, a lost dog, litter, fly-tipping, vandalism etc.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Other organisations are unaffected. You may find the following useful:
- NHS Choices website to search for doctors, dentists, hospitals and pharmacies in your local area. The website includes maps and directions for how to find each service by road or by public transport.
- While we are unable to direct you to a variety of agencies in Leeds that can help with debt and money advice, we suggest in the interim you visit www.leedscab.org.uk and www.stepchange.org.
- Leeds travel information
- Bus travel
- Rail travel
- Leeds Bradford International Airport
- Yorkshire Water
- National Grid - Gas – For gas emergencies and reporting leaks
- Samaritans – Confidential emotional support line.
- Citizen's advice bureau – Free and impartial advice to help you resolve legal, money and other problems.