Road maintenance for Otley
A programme of maintenance is set to take place in the market town of Otley over a three week period.
Otley will be the focus of road resurfacing at five sites in preparation for the Tour de France Grand Depart in July.
Everything possible is being done to minimise disruption and diversions will be in place.
Most of the work will be carried out Monday to Thursday avoiding the main market days on Fridays and Saturdays.
Work has also been planned to take place between 9am and 3pm to avoiding peak times.
Sites and times of resurfacing work will be as follows:
• A659 Bradford Road from Piper Lane to A660 Roundabout Monday 24 February – Monday 3 March 9am – 3pm no work will be carried out on Fridays
• A659 Piper Lane from Ilkley Road to Bradford Road Monday 24 February – Tuesday 4 March 9am – 3pm no work will be carried out on Fridays
• A659 Westgate from Kirkgate to Ilkley Road Wednesday 26 February – Wednesday 5 March 9am – 3pm no work will be carried out on Fridays
• A659 Cross Green from East Busk Lane to Boroughgate Monday 3 March – Thursday 6 March 9am – 3pm
• Billams Hill from Weston Lane to the bridge Monday 10 March – Friday 14 March 9am – 3pm
Leeds City Council executive board member for the economy and development councillor Richard Lewis said:
“We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this work may cause. We have done our upmost to make sure this essential work is carried out at times that would cause the least disruption.
“This is a significant scheme of work undertaken in a short time frame to accommodate the Tour de France, which will be passing through Otley in July. It is set to be a once in a lifetime opportunity for Leeds and we’re asking residents to bear with us as we carry out these works to ensure the tour runs as smoothly as possible.”
For media enquiries please contact:
Leeds City Council press office,
Tel 0113 247 5472